Seasons For Hire
Join the cleanest team in the Badlands! A housekeeper's job is more than flippin' beds and leaving fresh towels. The work a housekeeper does to leave a room spotless, welcoming and refreshing is crucial to the guest experience. Nothing sets the tone for a wonderful vacation better than arriving in the Badlands and stepping into a spotless room before you head out for a Medora adventure! Plus, housekeeping is one of the highest-paid jobs in Medora and has great day time hours!
1. Performs general cleaning and sanitizing tasks and services throughout assigned property to trained standards.
2. Assist in spring and fall cleaning of all TRMF housing and motel properties.
3. Work in the laundry when scheduled.
4. Uses cleaning cart to transport cleaning supplies.
5. Cleans and disinfects bathrooms and follows proper chemical use.
6. Wipes and dusts surfaces in rooms and cleans mirrors.
7. Vacuums and cleans floors, rugs, furniture, and drapes.
8. Removes linens, towels, bedspreads, and blankets before new guest arrives in a timely fashion.
9. Places and neatly tucks clean sheets and blankets on beds and replaces pillowcases.
10. Stocks towels, washcloths, and hand towels in bathrooms.
11. Picks up and empties trash containers.
12. Assists in other housekeeping duties termed as side work.
13. Performs other related duties as assigned.
14. Locations of responsibility may include,
Rough Riders Hotel
2. Collaboration Skills.
4. Results Driven.
5. Time Management.
There are no supervisory responsibilities with this role.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to; to talk or hear, walk, and stand. The employee frequently is required to push, pull, and bend and have repetitive use of hands/arms. Must be able to lift and carry up to 25 pounds at times. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus to determine accuracy, neatness and thoroughness of work assigned and determine safety of workplace surroundings.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time seasonal position. Days and hours of work are varied based on needs of the guests.
Required Education and Experience
1. Must be able to work independently and in pairs.
2. Strong oral communication skills.
3. Must be able to take directions.
4. Must be physically able to lift 25-pound bags of laundry.
It is the policy of TRMF to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, TRMF will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.