Seasons For Hire
Come to Rocky Mountain National Park and join our retail team in a fast paced environment! Greeting guests and helping them with their purchases are an important part of this position. Our employees work hard, share a passion for the environment, and enjoy creating special memories for our guests from around the world.
“The Mountains Are Calling and I Must Go”, is a quote from John Muir, and encompasses the feel of our majestic Rocky Mountain region. Our employees take special pleasure from their time in the majestic Rocky Mountains!
About Rocky Mountain National Park
The Rocky Mountain National Park Act was signed by President Woodrow Wilson on January 26, 1915. The park has over 350 miles of nature trails Climbing the highest peak in the park, Longs Peak, is a goal for many Xanterra employees each season.
RMNP supports over 700 species of plant life and 67 mammal species within Rocky Mountain National Park borders. The elevation range supports all manner of mammals including the adorable Pika, pronounced with a long “I”, that live in the high rocky areas of the park including Rainbow Curve.
Rocky Mountain National Park has no lodging facilities within the park, therefore our employees are housed just outside RMNP boundaries in the Town of Estes Park. There is a 22 mile drive each way to and from work in company provided vehicles.
• Free housing available through October 26, 2022!
• Free entrance into RMNP
• Free WiFi & Cable television
• Good Internet access and cell phone service at the housing facility
• Free laundry facilities
• Employee discounts for retail and food and beverage products
• Employee discounts at all Xanterra Park locations
• Living in a small town with amenities including a grocery store, bowling alley, recreation center, town festivals, and many free opportunities throughout the summer
The season at Rocky Mountain National Park runs from approximately mid-May until mid-October. All positions at Rocky Mountain are full-time seasonal positions, there are NO full-time year round positions.
Responsibilities & Duties
• Retail associates provide excellent guest service for all, greet and check out guests with a smile, and operate POS units.
• Perform all cashiering duties in our stand alone retail shop properly; ring up all sales before taking money, call out amount tendered in “dollars and cents”, place bills on register, and count back change.
• Processing credit card sales accurately and in accordance with company procedures.
• Suggest add on sales with every transaction performed.
• Stock merchandise as necessary, making sure all displays are kept stocked, neat and clean within the guidelines of the Retail Visual Merchandise Manual.
• Assist the retail manager, supervisors, and/or leads with inventory control, and merchandise display.
• Maintain effective cooperation with retail manager and other co-workers.
• Assist in unloading merchandise, stock shelves, and ensure the selling floor is well organized and clean.
• Assist in keeping the sales floors clean which includes sweeping, vacuuming, dusting, mopping, scrubbing, and trash removal.
• Alert manager to shrinkage, guest problems, and concerns.
• Maintain a safe work area.
• Responsible for accurate account of cash drawer and deposit.
• Able to work with minimum supervision, evenings, nights, weekends, and holidays.
• Perform duties outside the job classification assigned by management along with any other responsibilities deemed necessary.
• Cash handling experience preferred.
• Able to operate a POS system, handle cash accurately, open and close the store with or without assistance.
• Demonstrate a basic understanding of retail procedures by completing the required training.
• Able to function with flexibility and courteous behavior in a high traffic, seasonal retail operation.
• Capable of working with people from all over the world.
• Acquire and demonstrate a basic knowledge of product information.
• Able to work with a minimal amount of supervision.
• Maintain excellent attendance and punctuality.
• Command of the English language with excellent verbal communication
• Candidate must be able to work at an altitude of 12,000 feet.
• Ability to stand/walk for a minimum 8 hour shift.
• Frequently lift and carry cartons weighing up to 50 lbs.
• Must have the ability to walk up and down stairs several times a day.
• Carry boxes/product up and down stairs several times a day.
• Must be able to bend down or kneel to stock product frequently during a shift..
• Must be able to climb ladders as requested.
PAY RATE: $ 13.00 per hour.
BENEFITS: Xanterra offers Employee Assistance Plan; and Employee Discounts and Travel Deals.
EEO: Xanterra is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. We are an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected status.