Seasons For Hire
Sequoia Parks Conservancy is looking for Field Institute Director (Recreation Programs Director). This position is responsible for planning, organizing, and implementing the Field Institute interpretation and education programs and activities for sequoia Parks Conservancy.
About the Company
Sequoia Parks Conservancy (SPC) is the official nonprofit partner of Sequoia and Kings Canyon National
Parks in the Sierra Nevada Mountains of California. SPC’s efforts have been critical in the conservation of
wild, beautiful landscapes for the enjoyment and inspiration of generations of visitors.
This Field Institute Director position serves as the project and team leader in managing a portfolio of
popular public programs including large multi-day events, wilderness experiences, popular front-country
interpretive programs, directs the seasonal Crystal Cave and Pear Lake Winter Hut operations, fee-based
programs, motor coach step-on services, residential science and nature camp, in-person and virtual special
events like the Dark Sky Festival, Giant Conversations in Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Parks and
USACE Lake Kaweah. This position is part of a highly collaborative team that works closely with the National
Park Service and other partners.
The position works from the Conservancy’s main office in Three Rivers, California.
Full vaccination against COVID-19 is a condition of employment
● Bachelor’s degree and at least 3 years of relevant leadership experience in outdoor recreation
management, environmental education management, or other public land leadership experience.
Experience in natural resource education is a must.
● Demonstrated success in directing and managing teams
● Demonstrated success in planning, developing budgets, and meeting budget goals
● Demonstrated ability to manage projects and supervise and coach a team for successful design and
● Experience collaborating with cross-functional teams
● Ability to work holidays, weekends, and evenings when needed
● Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, and cloud applications such as Google Workspace, and
● Ability to learn department reservation systems and other applications.
Benefits and Wages
Medical, 401k, Dental, Vision, Paid Holidays, Vacation Leave, Paid Sick Leave, Health Savings Account, plus
Starting Salary: $68,640 per year
FLSA and Employment Status: Full-time- Overtime Exempt
How to Apply
Review the full job description, and other employment information and apply at:
Please include a pdf resume
Sequoia Parks Conservancy is an equal opportunity employer, drug-free workplace, and complies with ADA regulations as applicable. We
do not discriminate against any applicant based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, genetic information, age, disability, marital status, or veteran’s status.