Seasons For Hire
As a Cook at Edgewood Tahoe, you prepare food in assigned areas ensuring high quality food is served quickly and consistently to meet the expectations of our guests. The facility offers opportunities in three distinctive restaurants from casual to fine-dining, a high-volume banquet kitchen and full scratch bakery and you may work in various kitchens. The most important characteristic of our team is that we love inspiring lasting memories for our guests. In this position you exhibit excellence in your commitment to our guests. Reimagine luxury hospitality with us.
• Cook food in accordance with management specifications; fry, grill, sauté and assemble meals.
• Memorize recipes and procedures; make recommendations for menus.
• Stock, clean, and sanitize work area; work safely and report any maintenance needs.
• Operate all kitchen equipment and hardware based on their particular functions for use, breakdown, and cleaning.
• Communicate with “front of the house” and chef; keep management informed of food quality.
• Properly label and date product at all times. Practice FIFO.
• Work multiple stations and float when assistance is needed.
• Other duties as assigned. Responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Qualifications / Special Skills:
• At least two to three years cooking experience.
• Working knowledge of basic stocks, soups, sauces, and dressings.
• Basic meat fabrication skills.
• Average to advanced knife skills.
• Professional attitude, good organizational, interpersonal, and communications skills.
• Ability to work under changing conditions and periods of changing priorities.
• Available to work varied shifts when needed, including weekends, holidays, and nights.
What Makes a Successful Edgewood Tahoe Team Member (Core Competencies):
• Ethics, Integrity and Trust
• Action Orientated
• Guest Focus
• Position Knowledge
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Physical Demands 0% Up to 25% 25-50% 50-75% 75-100%
Stoops, Kneel, Crouch, Crawl
Use Hand to Finger or Feel
Reaching with Hands and Arms Above/Below
Talk or Hear
Taste or Smell
Lifting 0-25 lbs
Lifting 25-50 lbs
Lifting 50+ lbs
All Edgewood Team Members are Expected to:
• Embrace and promote all facets of our vision, mission and values.
• Exhibit resort knowledge to accurately support and promote all departments, amenities and programming ventures.
• Strategically balance customer, business, and team member needs.
• Be flexible to meet business demands, work well under pressure, meet deadlines, and manage time appropriately.
• Work with a broad-based constituency and provide excellent service to all internal and external guests.
• Demonstrate cooperative behavior with colleagues and supervisors.
• Keep information confidential as directed in the confidentiality agreement.
• Support and comply with all Edgewood policies, procedures, and standards.
• Protect Edgewood assets and report all safety concerns to supervisor or Security.
• Be an ambassador of Edgewood inside and outside of work.