Seasons For Hire
Deadline to Apply
As a Bartender at the Pool and Beach at Edgewood Tahoe, you provide guests with exceptional service and create classic and innovative drinks for all guests in a friendly and timely manner. The most important characteristic of our team is that we love inspiring lasting memories for our guests. In this position you exhibit excellence in your commitment to our guests. Reimagine luxury hospitality with us.
• Acknowledge guests promptly and efficiently; serving on both sides of the counter as needed.
• Maintain thorough knowledge and memorization of drink recipes, wine options and drink specials.
• Maintain thorough knowledge of menu items and features of the day.
• Follow proper cash handling procedures, prepare guest checks and collect payments.
• Anticipate guests’ needs before they ask.
• Keep management informed of guest comments and concerns.
• Take food and beverage orders and ensure accuracy of order
• Abides by Nevada State liquor regulations.
• Use proper judgment and, when necessary, refuse service to patrons who are intoxicated or disruptive.
• Follow proper food handling and sanitary procedures.
• Ability to communicate guests needs and recovery independently.
• Operate and understands Point of Sale (POS) system.
• Monitor and maintain appropriate bar wine and spirits inventory.
• Submit orders or create requisition forms for liquor, beer, and other bar-related supplies.
• Stock fully and clean bar thoroughly; secure and lock up at end of shift.
• Complete assigned side-work daily including cleaning area, workstations, etc.
• Other duties as assigned. Responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Qualifications / Special Skills:
• Proven work experience of two or more years in bartending.
• Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment in outside elements.
• Excellent verbal, communication, and interpersonal skills.
• Possess an upbeat, positive, motivated and professional personality.
• Must be reliable and organized.
• Familiarity with POS systems, ex; Aloha, Micros, Info-Genesis.
• Must be 21 years of age
• Must have the ability to lift and carry heavy boxes and kegs.
• Excellent knowledge in service standards.
• Available to work varied shifts when needed, including weekends, holidays, and nights.
What Makes a Successful Edgewood Tahoe Team Member (Core Competencies):
• Ethics, Integrity and Trust
• Action Orientated
• Guest Focus
• Position Knowledge
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Physical Demands 0% Up to 25% 25-50% 50-75% 75-100%
Stoops, Kneel, Crouch, Crawl
Use Hand to Finger or Feel
Reaching with Hands and Arms Above/Below
Talk or Hear
Taste or Smell
Lifting 0-25 lbs
Lifting 25-50 lbs
Lifting 50+ lbs
All Edgewood Team Members are Expected to:
• Embrace and promote all facets of our vision, mission and values.
• Exhibit resort knowledge to accurately support and promote all departments, amenities and programming ventures.
• Strategically balance customer, business, and team member needs.
• Be flexible to meet business demands, work well under pressure, meet deadlines, and manage time appropriately.
• Work with a broad-based constituency and provide excellent service to all internal and external guests.
• Demonstrate cooperative behavior with colleagues and supervisors.
• Keep information confidential as directed in the confidentiality agreement.
• Support and comply with all Edgewood policies, procedures, and standards.
• Protect Edgewood assets and report all safety concerns to supervisor or Security.
• Be an ambassador of Edgewood inside and outside of work.