Seasons For Hire
We currently have openings for Line Cooks and Prep Cooks to complete our exceptional food & beverage team at the Evergreen Lodge at Yosemite and Rush Creek Lodge at Yosemite. We look for warm, friendly people with healthy, active lifestyles, high standards and high integrity, who have been top performers in their previous roles. We welcome seasonal or career-oriented applicants.
All positions work with our talented Executive Chef and Sous Chefs to deliver outstanding, freshly prepared cuisine for our three meal a day food operations, which is served in our sit-down restaurant, outdoor dining area and tavern, as well as catered events, all served from our from-scratch main and staff kitchens.
Evergreen & Rush Creek Lodge prides themselves in serving fresh, healthful food that far exceeds expectations given our remote setting. Given our location, most of our 800+ guests eat with us in our relaxed mountain environment each night, in addition to 50-100 locals. Both lodges are a coveted venue for weddings, reunions and small group events.
The ideal individuals have significant line cooking experience, culinary training (formal or informal), are excited to support a great staff environment in a professional yet "down-home" way, and embrace working in a rustic environment in a relationship-oriented business.
Ideal qualifications include:
• Prior similar experience
• Strong culinary training (formal or informal)
• Interest in living in a remote lodging environment
• Excited about creating a warm family atmosphere for staff while maintaining high standards (& has had prior success managing to these goals)
• Strong interest in training/coaching
• Hospitality or related experience
• Independent thinkers with great initiative, but comfortable working within a defined framework
Key personality traits:
• High integrity
• Guest service oriented and staff-focused
• Self-motivated (takes initiative) with high standards
• Mature, personable leader with a relaxed nature
• Execution oriented; enjoys hands-on implementation
• Leading a healthy, drug-free lifestyle
• Dynamic, fun, and likes the outdoor
• Flexible with a "whatever it takes" attitude
• Based on experience, $18 per hour
• Position can be year-round or seasonal
• Full time position available immediately
• Room and board available for fixed weekly cost both Onsite and Offsite
• Hours variable, including nights and weekends as well as situational/crisis availability; a regular schedule with specific days off will be established
• Healthcare benefits available after 90 days
• 401K eligible with company match after 1 year
ABOUT THE EVERGREEN LODGE
The Evergreen Lodge at Yosemite is located on 22 acres bordering Yosemite National Park. The lodge is highly recommended by Fodor's, called a 'Hidden Gem' by Sunset Magazine, and described by Frommer's as "the classic Yosemite experience." Built in 1921, Evergreen Lodge has always featured cabins in the woods, a retail store, an excellent restaurant and a classic tavern. In 2002, the lodge was purchased and underwent a major expansion and modernization, reopening in 2004 with 48 new guest cabins, guest facilities, recreation programs and both on/off-site staff and manager housing. The lodge again expanded in 2009, adding 24 additional guest cabins (for a total of 90) and completing a variety of facilities and public space upgrades. The expanded Evergreen retains its original warmth, character and personal touch while providing the best all-around lodging and recreational facilities in the Yosemite area. The Evergreen provides great career opportunities for talented staff and managers. Since the lodge has a significant recreational focus, we seek staff and managers who are excited about the outdoors and lead a healthy, active lifestyle.
ABOUT RUSH CREEK LODGE
Rush Creek Lodge is the first new resort to join the Yosemite area in decades, and is located just 1/2 mile from Yosemite's Highway 120 entrance and 7 miles from the Evergreen Lodge. Set on 20 woodland acres, this hillside 'destination within a destination' boasts a grand main lodge and a mix of 143 lodge rooms, suites and two-bedroom hillside villas, all featuring a deck overlooking nature, the majority with sunset views. Rush Creek also offers a restaurant, tavern, expansive pool area with poolside bar, game room, guest lounge, event space, guided recreation and more. Like Evergreen, Rush Creek provides gracious and friendly service, top quality facilities with both private and communal settings, and a wide array of activities for guests to enjoy their time at the lodge and to explore the Yosemite area. Rush Creek is able to expand the Youth Program, environmental mission, and meaningful approach to hospitality that began at Evergreen Lodge. And like Evergreen, Rush Creek offers both on and off-site housing for staff and managers.
For more information about the Evergreen, visit our website at www.evergreenlodge.com.
For more information about Rush Creek, visit our website at www.rushcreeklodge.com.