Seasons For Hire
If you like adventure, mountainous beauty, and a dedication to helping others, join our Food & Beverage team at Rocky Mountain National Park. We are looking for Lead Food Outlet Attendants who will help our guests at the Trail Ridge Store & Café by assisting them with their food and beverage choices.
“One touch of nature makes the whole world kin”, is a quote from John Muir. Caring for nature and other people make this position most important. A nurturing perspective toward the people you work with and those who come to visit Rocky Mountain National Park will make your experience one to remember.
About Rocky Mountain National Park
Trail Ridge Road, the main thoroughfare in RMNP reaches a height of 12,183 ft. and is the highest continual highway in North America. Prior to Trail Ridge Road opening in 1932 the trail was used by Native Americans to journey to their hunting grounds in search of meat to sustain them through the harsh winters.
The harsh winters on the tundra force Trail Ridge Road to close approximately mid-October until Memorial Day weekend each year. The road closes from Many Parks Curve on the east side to the Colorado River Trailhead on the west side. Both the east and west sides remain open through the winter inviting snowshoeing, cross-country skiing, sledding, and hiking.
Rocky Mountain National Park has no lodging facilities within the park. The Xanterra housing facility for all employees is located just outside RMNP boundaries in the Town of Estes Park. There is a 22 mile drive each way to and from work in company provided vehicles.
• Low cost room & board
• Free entrance into RMNP
• Free WiFi & cable television
• Good internet access and cell phone service at the housing facility
• Free laundry facilities
• Employee discounts for retail, and food and beverage products
• Employee discounts at all Xanterra Park locations
• Living in a small town with amenities including a grocery store, bowling alley, recreation center, town festivals, and many free opportunities throughout the summer
The season at Rocky Mountain National Park runs from approximately mid-May until mid-October. All positions at Rocky Mountain are full-time seasonal positions, there are NO full-time year round positions
• Assures the highest standards of restaurant service are met for the guests, the company, and the National Park Service.
• Perform all cashiering duties properly; ring up all sales before taking money, call out amount tendered in “dollars and cents”, place bills on register, and count back change.
• Suggest add on sales to every transaction performed.
• Assists the food & beverage manager in the day-to-day operations of the café, especially in the absence of the food & beverage manager.
• Assist the food & beverage manager with staff supervision and training as needed.
• Assist the food & beverage manager in organizing the stock room, stocking product as necessary, making sure all displays are kept stocked, neat, and clean.
• Candidates will be responsible to know and work all areas of the café, working alongside food outlet attendants.
• Communicates with location management regarding the café operation, business needs, staffing, and employee issues.
• Coordinate with F&B manager regarding issues, product needs, merchandising, and training.
• Help with loading box truck with product needed to run the café on a daily basis.
• Provides excellent guest service for all. Greet guests with a smile.
• Receive orders and help maintain inventory par levels in the cafe.
• Keep the cafe clean; which includes sweeping, vacuuming, dusting, polishing, mopping, and trash removal on a daily basis.
• Maximize sales by using menu knowledge and suggestive up-selling techniques
• Give accurate helpful information to guests..
• Discuss concerns only with the manager.
• Alert manager to shrinkage, guest problems and concerns.
• Maintain a safe & sanitary work area.
• Work espresso coffee bar, hot foods, and food prep as directed by managers.
• Comply with ServSafe protocol.
• Able to work with minimum supervision, evenings, nights, weekends, and holidays.
• Perform duties outside the job classification assigned by management along with any other responsibilities deemed necessary.
• This is a non-tipped position.
• Excellent communication and customer service skills.
• Basic math skills with the ability to make change.
• ServSave certification helpful.
• Must understand and enforce FIFO (First In First Out) procedures.
• Working knowledge of all positions supervised.
• Working knowledge of all equipment used within the food and beverage operation.
• Knowledge of all menus: specials, features, food, and beverages.
• Knowledgeable of all procedures and policies used within the food and beverage operation and company.
• Demonstrate a basic understanding of food & beverage procedures.
• Prior experience as a barista helpful.
• Able to function with flexibility, and courteous behavior in a high traffic seasonal food service operation.
• Acquire and demonstrate an advanced knowledge of products sold in the cafe. .
• Able to work with a minimum of supervision. Maintain excellent attendance and punctuality. Take breaks in appropriate area for limited time and use the time clock correctly.
• Able to keep accurate receiving and back stock records.
• Demonstrate basic awareness of general shop security and theft prevention.
• Able to train fellow associates on product attributes and cafe procedures.
• Must possess a non-CDL valid driver’s license, and a clean record.
• Candidate must be able to work at an altitude of 12,000 feet.
• Ability to stand/walk for a minimum 8 hour shift.
• Frequently lift and carry cartons weighing up to 50 lbs.
• Must have the ability to walk up and down stairs several times a day.
• Carry boxes/product up and down stairs several times a day.
• Must be able to bend down or kneel to stock product frequently during a shift..
• Must be able to climb ladders as requested.
PAY RATE: $ 14.20 per hour.
BENEFITS: Xanterra offers Employee Assistance Plan; and Employee Discounts and Travel Deals.
EEO: Xanterra is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. We are an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected status.