Seasons For Hire
As a Kitchen Steward at Edgewood Tahoe, you clean, wash, and stock restaurant supplies while maintaining a sanitized work area. The facility offers opportunities in three distinctive restaurants from casual to fine-dining, a high-volume banquet kitchen and full scratch bakery. You have the opportunity to be exposed to top notch training and considered for numerous growth opportunities. The most important characteristic of our team is that we love inspiring lasting memories for our guests. In this position you exhibit excellence in your commitment to our guests. Reimagine luxury hospitality with us.
• Wash, sanitize, and stock restaurant supplies in a safe, orderly manner.
• Collect and remove trash from all areas of the operation following established procedures.
• Ensure waste bin area is kept clean and tidy.
• Carry out general cleaning as directed to include sweeping, mopping up, washing up, emptying of @ bins and boxes ensuring placement in the correct containers
• Clean and sanitize pots, pans, utensils, and other minor equipment routinely used in the kitchen following established procedures.
• Clean and maintains floors and walls in kitchen and dish washing area by following standard procedures
• Consistently adhere to SDS (Safety Data Sheet) information related to the proper labeling and safe use of chemicals in the workplace
• Report any maintenance or hazard issues to the steward Supervisor / Executive Steward or Chefs.
• Other duties as assigned. Responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Qualifications / Special Skills:
• Knowledge and proficiency to operate industrial dish washers (will Train).
• Ability to safely perform essential functions of the job.
• Ability to operate equipment used in performing job.
• Ability to work with others under changing conditions and periods of changing priorities.
• Available to work varied shifts when needed, including weekends, holidays, and nights.
What Makes a Successful Edgewood Tahoe Team Member (Core Competencies):
• Ethics, Integrity and Trust
• Action Orientated
• Guest Focus
• Position Knowledge
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Physical Demands 0% Up to 25% 25-50% 50-75% 75-100%
Stoops, Kneel, Crouch, Crawl
Use Hand to Finger or Feel
Reaching with Hands and Arms Above/Below
Talk or Hear
Taste or Smell
Lifting 0-25 lbs
Lifting 25-50 lbs
Lifting 50+ lbs
All Edgewood Team Members are Expected to:
• Embrace and promote all facets of our vision, mission and values.
• Exhibit resort knowledge to accurately support and promote all departments, amenities and programming ventures.
• Strategically balance customer, business, and team member needs.
• Be flexible to meet business demands, work well under pressure, meet deadlines, and manage time appropriately.
• Work with a broad-based constituency and provide excellent service to all internal and external guests.
• Demonstrate cooperative behavior with colleagues and supervisors.
• Keep information confidential as directed in the confidentiality agreement.
• Support and comply with all Edgewood policies, procedures, and standards.
• Protect Edgewood assets and report all safety concerns to supervisor or Security.
• Be an ambassador of Edgewood inside and outside of work.