Seasons For Hire
HOUSE ATTENDANT SUMMARY:
The Shore Lodge House Attendant is a supporting position to the Housekeeping suite by stocking the housekeeping closets with linens and supplies, removing used liners and trash from rooms and responding promptly to customer needs and will solicit customer feedback to improve service. The qualified individual has a working knowledge of the local area, the hotel and the resort amenities available.
WHAT YOU GET TO DO:
• Stock and maintain supply levels of the Housekeeping Inventory closets
• Remove used linens and trash from guest rooms and restock rooms with clean linens and maintains the cleanliness of hallways.
• Attend periodic staff meetings with other department heads to discuss company policies and patrons’ complaints, and to make recommendations to improve service and ensure more efficient operations.
• Exhibit objectivity and openness to others’ views; give and welcome feedback; contribute to building a positive team spirit; support everyone’s efforts to succeed.
• Demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness; look for ways to improve and promote quality; apply feedback to improve performance; monitor own work to ensure quality.
• Follow instructions, respond to management direction; take responsibility for own actions; keep commitments; complete tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
• Provide excellent customer service to guests, property owners, homeowners, club members and fellow employees.
• Perform all other duties as assigned.
WHAT YOU NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL:
• A comprehensive knowledge and understanding of the English language
• Ability to follow instructions while multi-tasking and maintaining a high degree of organization
• Ability to communicate effectively with and receive information from guests and coworkers
• Excellent customer service skills
• Previous work experience in housekeeping is an asset