Seasons For Hire
As a Host at Edgewood Tahoe you greet arriving guests, address them by name whenever possible, welcome them in and seat them in a friendly manner. You will also assist in maintaining overall guest flow of the restaurant, work with management to ensure dining details are handled properly and guest receive service that goes above and beyond. The most important characteristic of our team is that we love inspiring lasting memories for our guests. In this position you exhibit excellence in your commitment to our guests. Reimagine luxury hospitality with us.
• Warmly and graciously greet all guests upon arrival.
• Answer phones in a prompt and professional manner guest reservation requests and confirm details required for reservations in Guest Center (Opentable).
• Maintain a waitlist and keep guests informed of wait times using Guest Center (Opentable).
• Seat the guest and accommodate any special needs such as boosters, highchairs and disabilities.
• Monitor dining area for each table’s progress and assist with preparing tables for reservations.
• Relay messages to servers and bus persons as needed.
• Complete assigned cleaning duties and side work.
• Always display a pleasant disposition.
• Assist with “to go” orders.
• Maintain menus in a pristine fashion.
• Sincerely thank guests as they leave and inviting them to return.
• Other duties as assigned. Responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Qualifications / Special Skills:
• Prior restaurant experiences preferred but not required.
• Upbeat, outgoing and professional personality with strong communication skills.
• Must possess computer skills; Guest Center (Opentable) experience a plus.
• Ability to multitask and stay organized, take direction and work independently.
• Must be a team player.
• Excellent verbal, communication, and interpersonal skills.
• Available to work varied shifts when needed, including weekends, holidays, and nights.
What Makes a Successful Edgewood Tahoe Team Member (Core Competencies):
• Ethics, Integrity and Trust
• Action Orientated
• Guest Focus
• Position Knowledge
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Physical Demands 0% Up to 25% 25-50% 50-75% 75-100%
Stoops, Kneel, Crouch, Crawl
Use Hand to Finger or Feel
Reaching with Hands and Arms Above/Below
Talk or Hear
Taste or Smell
Lifting 0-25 lbs
Lifting 25-50 lbs
Lifting 50+ lbs
All Edgewood Team Members are Expected to:
• Embrace and promote all facets of our vision, mission and values.
• Exhibit resort knowledge to accurately support and promote all departments, amenities and programming ventures.
• Strategically balance customer, business, and team member needs.
• Be flexible to meet business demands, work well under pressure, meet deadlines, and manage time appropriately.
• Work with a broad-based constituency and provide excellent service to all internal and external guests.
• Demonstrate cooperative behavior with colleagues and supervisors.
• Keep information confidential as directed in the confidentiality agreement.
• Support and comply with all Edgewood policies, procedures, and standards.
• Protect Edgewood assets and report all safety concerns to supervisor or Security.
• Be an ambassador of Edgewood inside and outside of work.