Seasons For Hire
Deadline to Apply
As a Guest Room Attendant at Edgewood, you perform routine duties in cleaning and servicing of guest rooms under supervision of the Housekeeping Supervisor. You promote a positive image of the property to guests and must be pleasant, honest, friendly and should also able to address guest requests and problems. Make sure that their quality and cleanliness of every room is met or exceeded prior to a hotel guest entering a room. The most important characteristic of our team is that we love inspiring lasting memories for our guests. In this position you exhibit excellence in your commitment to our guests. Reimagine luxury hospitality with us.
• Professionally clean and maintain guest rooms, balconies and floor corridors using cleaning procedures and products as determined by company standards.
• Neatly make beds, clean and disinfect, and replenish amenities according to the operational standards.
• Maintain inventory of cleaning cart as well as cart organization and cleanliness.
• Assist with stocking linen/terry and amenities as well as maintain organization and cleanliness in housekeeping storage areas.
• Identify and report any damages to guest rooms.
• Ensure security of guest rooms along with a high level of confidentiality and privacy of guests.
• Deliver and retrieves items on loan to guests, as needed.
• Attend to guest calls as well as delivers and retrieves guest required items.
• Perform a variety of deep cleaning duties and projects during slower business periods.
• Consistently achieve and/or exceeds department standards on room inspection scores.
• Stay in compliance with applicable health, safety, or hygiene standards.
• Observe and execute environmentally friendly practices.
• Follow all MSDS, HazCom, Bloodborne Pathogens, and Bed Bug protocol.
• Assist with taking the count for the Monthly Linen Inventory.
• Other duties as assigned. Responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Qualifications / Special Skills:
• The ideal candidate is a seasoned and highly effective housekeeping professional.
• Physical mobility and stamina required.
• Ability to follow instructions.
• Must be detail-oriented.
• Professional attitude is required.
• Ability to work independently.
• Previous hotel-related experience desired.
• Available to work varied shifts when needed, including weekends, holidays, and nights.
What Makes a Successful Edgewood Tahoe Team Member (Core Competencies):
• Ethics, Integrity and Trust
• Action Orientated
• Guest Focus
• Position Knowledge
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Physical Demands 0% Up to 25% 25-50% 50-75% 75-100%
Stoops, Kneel, Crouch, Crawl
Use Hand to Finger or Feel
Reaching with Hands and Arms Above/Below
Talk or Hear
Taste or Smell
Pushing/Pulling /Lifting 0-25 lbs
Pushing/Pulling /Lifting 25-50 lbs
Pushing/Pulling /Lifting 50+ lbs
All Edgewood Team Members are Expected to:
• Embrace and promote all facets of our vision, mission and values.
• Exhibit resort knowledge to accurately support and promote all departments, amenities and programming ventures.
• Strategically balance customer, business, and team member needs.
• Be flexible to meet business demands, work well under pressure, meet deadlines, and manage time appropriately.
• Work with a broad-based constituency and provide excellent service to all internal and external guests.
• Demonstrate cooperative behavior with colleagues and supervisors.
• Keep information confidential as directed in the confidentiality agreement.
• Support and comply with all Edgewood policies, procedures, and standards.
• Protect Edgewood assets and report all safety concerns to supervisor or Security.
• Be an ambassador of Edgewood inside and outside of work.