Seasons For Hire
General Manager Position Description
REPORTS TO: Owners
The General manager is responsible for all aspects of operations, including day-to-day staff and guest management. General Manager will be an ambassador for the company. Provide leadership and strategic planning to all departments in support of our service culture, maximized operations and guest satisfaction. Work very closely with the owners.
Responsible for managing the management team and overall targets to deliver an excellent Guest experience at both restaurants and hotels. General Manager will also manage between profitability and guest satisfaction measures.
GM DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Liaise with owners to make decisions for operational activities and set strategic goals.
• Plan and monitor the day to day running of business to ensure smooth progress.
• Supervise staff from different departments and provide constructive feedback.
• Evaluate regularly the efficiency of business procedures according to organizational objectives and apply improvements.
• Manage marketing, public relations, and social media.
• Oversee customer support processes and organize them to enhance customer satisfaction.
• Review financial information and adjust operational budgets to promote profitability.
• Revise and/or formulate policies and promote their implementation.
• Manage relationships/agreements with external partners/vendors.
• Evaluate overall performance by gathering, analyzing and interpreting data.
• Ensure full compliance to operating controls, SOP’s, policies, procedures and service standards.
• Handling complaints, and oversee the service recovery procedures.
• Manage on-going profitability, ensuring revenue and guest satisfaction targets are met and exceeded.
• Ensure all decisions are made in the best interest of the hotels and management.
• Developing improvement actions, carry out costs savings.
• Maximizing room yield and hotels / resort revenue through innovative sales practices and yield management programs.
• Helping in the procurement of operating supplies and equipment, and contracting with third-party vendors for essential equipment and services.
• Coordination with assistant managers for the execution of all activities and functions.
• Overseeing and managing all departments and working closely with department heads on a daily basis.
• Manage and develop the management team to ensure career progression and development.
• Be accountable for responsibilities of department heads and take ownership of all guest complaints.
• Provide effective leadership.
• Responsible for safeguarding the quality of operations both (internal & external audits).
• Responsible for legalization, Occupational Health & Safety Act, fire regulations and other legal requirements.