Seasons For Hire
Deadline to Apply
As a Food Runner at Edgewood Tahoe you effectively communicate orders and information between the front of house and back of house, making sure food is prepared correctly and in a timely fashion. The goal is to ensure proper presentation of dishes and deliver dishes to guests. The most important characteristic of our team is that we love inspiring lasting memories for our guests. In this position you exhibit excellence in your commitment to our guests. Reimagine luxury hospitality with us.
• You are in charge of the final presentation of the plate; make sure it is dressed and garnished correctly.
• Follow proper food handling and sanitary procedures.
• Deliver food to the table while it's warm and ready.
• Assist both wait staff and cooks with accuracy of food orders, presentation and delivery.
• Maintain thorough knowledge of menu items and features of the day.
• Explain special preparation orders to cooks and to also inform servers of any communication from the kitchen regarding orders.
• Maintain a clean station.
• Other duties as assigned. Responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Qualifications / Special Skills:
• Prior restaurant experience is preferred.
• Strong communication and time management skills.
• Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment.
• Must be about to carry heavy trays.
• Excellent verbal, communication, and interpersonal skills.
• Possess an upbeat, positive, motivated and professional personality.
• Available to work varied shifts when needed, including weekends, holidays, and nights.
What Makes a Successful Edgewood Tahoe Team Member (Core Competencies):
• Ethics, Integrity and Trust
• Action Orientated
• Guest Focus
• Position Knowledge
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Physical Demands 0% Up to 25% 25-50% 50-75% 75-100%
Stoops, Kneel, Crouch, Crawl
Use Hand to Finger or Feel
Reaching with Hands and Arms Above/Below
Talk or Hear
Taste or Smell
Lifting 0-25 lbs
Lifting 25-50 lbs
Lifting 50+ lbs
All Edgewood Team Members are Expected to:
• Embrace and promote all facets of our vision, mission and values.
• Exhibit resort knowledge to accurately support and promote all departments, amenities and programming ventures.
• Strategically balance customer, business, and team member needs.
• Be flexible to meet business demands, work well under pressure, meet deadlines, and manage time appropriately.
• Work with a broad-based constituency and provide excellent service to all internal and external guests.
• Demonstrate cooperative behavior with colleagues and supervisors.
• Keep information confidential as directed in the confidentiality agreement.
• Support and comply with all Edgewood policies, procedures, and standards.
• Protect Edgewood assets and report all safety concerns to supervisor or Security.
• Be an ambassador of Edgewood inside and outside of work.