Seasons For Hire
If you love to drive, and drive on mountain roads, Rocky Mountain National Park has Employee Transportation Driver positions available. Our 2 – 15 passenger Transit vans make this 22 mile trek between Estes Park housing and the Trail Ridge Store & Café, bringing our employees up and down the Trail Ridge Road, safely every day.
”I take to the open road, healthy, free, the world before me”, wrote Walt Whitman. An appropriate quote for a daily drive in the spectacular Rocky Mountains. Nothing can be more freeing than driving on a mountain road to a destination of 12,000 feet.
At this time, we are requiring proof of vaccination status or an approved medical or religious exemption in compliance with Presidential Executive Order 14042, which requires the Company to ensure that every employee who works in connection with a federal contract is fully vaccinated or has an approved medical or religious exemption. Proof of vaccination status must be provided prior to start date. Exemption requests must be submitted at least 4 weeks prior to start date to allow sufficient time for processing.
About Rocky Mountain National Park
Rocky Mountain National Park was established in 1915, and encompasses 415 square miles of spectacular mountain environments from large meadow valleys to the alpine tundra. Trail Ridge Road, the main thoroughfare in RMNP reaches a height of 12,153 ft. and traverses over 11 miles above timberline.
The elevation range within park boundaries ranges from 7,600 feet to 14,259 feet The Continental Divide runs 42 miles through RMNP with the Continental Divide National Scenic Trail route consisting of approximately 30 miles of breathtaking scenery.
There are no accommodations within Rocky Mountain National Park so the housing facility for all employees are located just outside RMNP boundaries in the Town of Estes Park. There is a 22 mile drive each way to and from work in company provided vehicles.
• Low cost room & board
• Free entrance into RMNP
• Free WiFi & Cable television
• Good Internet access and cell phone service at the housing facility
• Free laundry facilities
• Employee discounts for retail and food and beverage products
• Employee discounts at all Xanterra Park locations
• Living in a small town with amenities including a grocery store, bowling alley, recreation center, town festivals, and many free opportunities throughout the summer
The season at Rocky Mountain National Park runs from approximately mid-May until mid-October. All positions at Rocky Mountain are full-time seasonal positions, there are NO full-time year round positions.
Responsibilities & Duties
• Provide safe operation of company vehicles, transportation for employees in all weather conditions, 22 miles each way. Side road guardrails are not provided on Trail Ridge Road.
• Schedules will include split shifts and several trips daily.
• Maintain a neat and orderly vehicle, providing general housekeeping of vans as needed.
• Alerting management when suspected issues of vehicles arise.
• Coordinate van maintenance and complete required vehicle inspection reports.
• Must adhere to all company policies, National Park Service, and Department of Transportation regulations.
• Provide general maintenance skills necessary for repair and maintenance of facilities may be requested.
• Stocking, unpacking merchandise, and cleaning the store may be assigned.
• May be requested to help in the café as needed.
• Clean employee bathroom daily.
• Develop and maintain positive communication and teamwork with all co-workers, supervisors, and managers.
• Able to work with minimum supervision, evenings, nights, weekends, and holidays.
• Perform duties outside the job classification assigned by management along with any other responsibilities deemed necessary.
• A background check, driver’s license check, and drug test will be required.
• Must be 21 years of age.
• Must have a valid non-CDL driver’s license and clean driving record.
• Candidate must be able to work at 12,000 feet.
• Able to work with minimal supervision while maintaining excellent attendance and punctuality.
• Able to drive safely in all types of weather conditions.
• Able of organize and prioritize your daily routine.
• Able to communicate in a positive and concise manner.
• Able to accomplish tasks with little direct supervision.
• Able to communicate with managers
• Able to stand/walk for a minimum of 8 to 10 hour shifts.
• Able to sit for long periods of time, approximately 8 hours.
• Must be able to lift and carry a maximum of 50 pounds.
• Must be able to bend, stretch, and reach for extended periods of time.