Seasons For Hire
Deadline to Apply
As a Cocktail Server at the Pool and Beach in Edgewood Tahoe you provide guests with food and beverage information, present ordered choices in a timely fashion and maintain dining ambiance in a seasonal outdoor environment. You ensure positive dining experience and develop strong customer relations. This position will exhibit excellence in cultivating the Edgewood Vision by executing both employee and guest engagement standards.
• Acknowledge guests promptly and efficiently in seasonal outdoor seating areas.
• Maintain thorough knowledge of menu items and features of the day.
• Anticipate guests’ needs before they ask.
• Follow proper cash handling procedures, prepare guest checks and collect payments.
• Follow proper food handling and sanitary procedures.
• Abide by Nevada State liquor regulations.
• Operate and understands Point of Sale (POS) system.
• Take food and beverage orders and ensure accuracy of order by following up with culinary team members ensuring that food is prepared correctly and to customers satisfaction; return incorrect or improperly cooked orders to kitchen.
• Keep management informed of guest feedback.
• Complete assigned side-work daily including cleaning pool area, workstations, etc.
• Other duties as assigned. Responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Qualifications / Special Skills:
• At least two years of food service experience in a casual dining setting, including basic beverage knowledge.
• Must be 21 years of age.
• Familiarity with POS systems, ex; Aloha, Micros, Info-Genesis.
• Reliable and organized with excellent service standards.
• Excellent verbal, communication, and interpersonal skills.
• Possess an upbeat, positive, motivated and professional personality.
• Available to work varied shifts when needed, including weekends, holidays, and nights.
What Makes a Successful Edgewood Tahoe Team Member (Core Competencies):
• Ethics, Integrity and Trust
• Action Orientated
• Guest Focus
• Position Knowledge
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Physical Demands 0% Up to 25% 25-50% 50-75% 75-100%
Stoops, Kneel, Crouch, Crawl
Use Hand to Finger or Feel
Reaching with Hands and Arms Above/Below
Talk or Hear
Taste or Smell
Lifting 0-25 lbs
Lifting 25-50 lbs
Lifting 50+ lbs
All Edgewood Team Members are Expected to:
• Embrace and promote all facets of our vision, mission and values.
• Exhibit resort knowledge to accurately support and promote all departments, amenities and programming ventures.
• Strategically balance customer, business, and team member needs.
• Be flexible to meet business demands, work well under pressure, meet deadlines, and manage time appropriately.
• Work with a broad-based constituency and provide excellent service to all internal and external guests.
• Demonstrate cooperative behavior with colleagues and supervisors.
• Keep information confidential as directed in the confidentiality agreement.
• Support and comply with all Edgewood policies, procedures, and standards.
• Protect Edgewood assets and report all safety concerns to supervisor or Security.
• Be an ambassador of Edgewood inside and outside of work.