Seasons For Hire
WHO ARE WE?
Discover Adventure at Shore Lodge Whitetail Club, just moments from the sandy shores of Payette Lake in the heart of the region’s prized Salmon River Mountains and one of the best hidden ski towns to visit as designated by National Geographic. We are a 4-season hideaway, a mountain retreat that embodies the spirit of the destination – peaceful, authentic and vibrant. Our 77-room premier hotel features three acclaimed restaurants. Employees have exclusive access to Whitetail Club’s Andy North-designed golf course, lauded among Golfweek magazine's 'Best Resort Courses.' Located 2 hours from Boise, Shore Lodge offers endless recreation, situated on the edge of the largest area of protected wilderness in the continental United States, near 3 major river systems and close to the best and most plentiful natural hot springs in the lower 48 states. Located just 10 minutes from Brundage Mountain, which Ski Magazine has credited with 'the best powder in Idaho' and provides lift-assisted access to more than 20 miles of mountain bike trails. If this sounds like your idea of Work and Play, join us…
Our successful Chef de Cuisine plans and supervises the Kitchen staff in the procurement, production, preparation and presentation of all culinary offerings for our award-winning resort, understanding the requirement of our high standards, and achieving the accolades we have become known for.
WHAT YOU GET TO DO:
• Manage the daily production, preparation and presentation of all food, ensure a quality, consistent product is produced which conforms to all company standards.
• Manage production and preparation areas of the kitchen in order to attract, retain and motivate the culinary employees while providing a safe work environment.
• Develop, empower, coach and counsel, recommend and conduct performance and salary reviews, provide open communication vehicles, recommend discipline and termination, as appropriate.
• Schedule and manage the maintenance/sanitation of the kitchen, equipment and related areas to ensure a healthy, safe work environment which meets/exceeds federal, state, corporate and franchise standards and regulations.
• Monitor, analyze and control all labor and food costs; prepare the appropriate reports, charts and schedules to ensure budgets are met/exceeded while quality is maintained/improved.
• Assist in the planning and development of menus and recipes, ensure the correct preparation and presentation of a consistent level for all food items prepared through production and demonstration, utilize creative menu planning to minimizing waste.
• Control labor and operating expenses through effective scheduling, budgeting, purchasing decisions, and inventory control.
• Ensure that sanitation standards as set forth by local, state, and federal regulations are in compliance as well as the cleanliness and organization of the kitchen.
• Maintain control systems which will assure quality and portion consistency, monitor food shipments to ensure they meet established purchasing specifications as well and foster an awareness of the importance of food preparation and quality.
• Communicate with employees and managers to ensure operational needs are met, coordinate menu tastings and pre-meal meetings to educate staff on food taste and preparation methods, attend regular operational meetings to ensure effective coordination and cooperation between departments; interact directly with guests to ascertain satisfaction.
• Promote a safe working environment to minimize liabilities and related expenses.
• Should assume the responsibilities of the Executive Chef in his/her absence.
• Perform special projects and other responsibilities as assigned.
WHAT YOU NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL:
• Formal, culinary arts training
• A thorough knowledge of food preparation and presentation
• Experience with purchasing and maintaining inventory levels
• Knowledge of current culinary trends
• Strong communication and organizational skills
• A hands-on, open-door style of leadership
• Ability to multi-task and work under deadlines in a stressful environment
• Thorough knowledge of all Microsoft applications and a general computer literacy
• At least three years of experience in a similar role
• A sense of maturity and leadership
• The ability to functionally multitask with speed and grace
• Experienced in understanding as well as time spent in both front and back of the house operations