Seasons For Hire
As a member of the Front Office team, this position is instrumental in maintaining all policies and procedures for the property and executing its philosophy. Here at the Shore Lodge, we create an atmosphere that engages and inspires our guests and associates to return. Proper implementation, promotion and success of our operations through continual evaluation of the products/services provided while ensuring effective training of our teams is paramount. Our successful Assistant Front Desk Manager instills a strong atmosphere of service, supports the goals within the structure of the budget, and achieves results through practice of prudent management techniques and cost controlling measures. Additional responsibility for coordinating and oversight of all Front Office Management duties in the absence of the Front Office Manager, including, Front Desk, Security, Night Audit and Reservations.
WHAT YOU GET TO DO:
• Greet guests; create a memorable first impression/experience that exceeds our Forbes/AAA, 4 star/diamond service goals.
• Anticipate guests’ needs and provide appropriate service, both understanding the origin of their discontent and also in the mediation of an acceptable solution.
• Understand the timing of the check-in/out process and how it impacts the guest experience and correctly Communicate that timing to the staff/department.
• Interview, train, schedule and supervise team members.
• Efficient with Property Management System, loading of all reservations, including group, loading of rates/packages, testing of all systems that are required to ensure accuracy and/all reservations responsibilities.
• Monitor staffing/payroll to meet Forbes/AAA, 4 star/diamond service levels/profitability.
• Maintain awareness of all safety and security procedures relevant to the department and property. Ensure department members are familiar with and adhere to them as well.
• Maintain awareness of occupancy levels, reservations, group business and special requests or functions and their potential affect on the operations.
• Support the financial/marketing goals of the division.
• Support team at all times and inspect what is expected of the department.
• Maintain a presence at the desk/lobby during hours of operation, answer multiple phone lines and direct calls lodge wide as necessary.
• Ensure all daily/weekly/monthly reporting and time sensitive needs are supplied to appropriate parties.
• Confirm guest and group accounts are being handled/recorded properly.
• Participate in active engagement of our guests.
• Be knowledgeable in all areas of Shore Lodge/Whitetail and ensure staff also maintain a high level of knowledge through training, independent information gathering, and experiencing resort services and amenities.
• Track and maintain accurate and complete information regarding the local area, hotel, amenities, directions, activities, vendors (white water rafting, boat rental any and all activities the area offers) etc.
• Maintain required inventories and par stock levels.
• Attend and contribute to required meetings.
• Participate in and promote safety, accident prevention and recycling efforts.
• Create effective incentive/sales programs that positively affect profits, revenues and guest experiences.
• Represent the Lodge at community and industry events as necessary.
• Cover Front Desk Agent Shifts, Night Audit, and Security as required.
WHAT YOU NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL:
• To perform this job successfully, you must be able to perform each essential duty at Forbes/AAA, 4 star/diamond standards.
• Must possess a minimum Associates degree or equivalent educational experience. 2+ years of relevant Forbes/AAA, 4 star/diamond service experience in Hotel Rooms Management.
• Must possess strong knowledge of superior guest relations, reservations, training and Property Management System
• Maintain a positive work environment by managing, leading, working and communicating in a courteous and professional manner with all guests and co-workers.
• Lead by example, fostering departmental teamwork and collaboration.
• Working knowledge of all Microsoft Office applications, Outlook, Internet Navigation
• Ability to communicate effectively with and receive information from guests and co-workers
• Possess a high degree of organization, self-motivation with a positive outlook.
• The ability to functionally multi-task while maintaining strong detail orientation